News years resolutions to help you feel great!
We wanted to offer some simple to implement ideas so you can make some healthy changes in 2010. Do the best you can to make healthier choices. Here are some ideas we all can adhere to.
1. Drink more water…yes, I know you have heard this before, so why are you not doing it? Slowly build your pure water intake to 1 quart per 50 lbs of body weight. Tap water is not a good source for your daily H2O consumption. The Rhinofilter , a whole house filtration system, does a great job filtering not only your drinking water but your shower as well. Well worth looking into. Call the office for more information. Our office and our home are equipped with this system and we love it! Bayne Family approved! Drink, shower, bathe, live…in healthy water.
2. Include more raw foods – include at least 50% of your diet as raw food, such as vegetables, salads, blended drinks, and fermented foods. This is a great time to introduce those dark green leafy veggies such as chard, kale, spinach, mustard greens, turnip greens, and collards. Try out the recipe of the month… Kale Delight…one of our favorite salads. For added Greens insurance add one of our super greens like Jade Chlorella, Living Fiber or Vitality Greens (now available in capsules).
3. Grow green friends – Everyone should have an herb garden on their kitchen counter…fresh oregano, basil, chives, cilantro liven up a dish in a flash. Home sprouters allow you to increase your home grown greens to include bean sprouts, radish sprouts, and even your own wheatgrass!
4. Green your cleaning products – Remove the stress of toxic cleaning supplies from your home. We use Ecover products in our office and our home. These products are toxin free, but they do a great job of cleaning up the toughest stains and messes. We especially like the laundry detergent! Ecover products are available in our Apothecary. Get things clean without toxic chemicals!
5. Exercise – not only for weight loss but overall health , you got to get that body moving. Rebounding is one of our favorite daily exercises. It is the most convenient , metabolically effective, acid-removing form of exercise we know. It strengthens the entire body, increases circulation, improves digestion, strengthens muscles, pumps the lymphatic system , works on your balance, and is gentle on the joints. So get that rebounder!
6. Fresh air – No matter where you live make the time to get some fresh air. If you live in the north like us then take the time to bundle up and breathe fresh air. It helps clear ones mind. At a minimum open the windows to air out your home
7. Educate yourself – When it comes to your own health you have to educate yourself. You are responsible for your own health. Read books, take classes, hire a health coach to oversee your plan and help you accomplish your health goals
8. Sweat – not only through exercise but make time to do the Far-infrared sauna in our office. We really believe that everyone should have a far-infrared sauna in their home. Sweating is one of the major ways your body eliminates acids and toxins. The Far Infrared sauna is more than detoxification, it can help with stress relief, enhance immune system, weight&cellulite control, improves cardiovascular health and pain relief. If you catch a cold this winter call the office and schedule a 30 minute sauna and you will leave feeling great!
9. Live your life with passion and seek fulfilling relationships.
10. Visit PureBalance for a check up!