Bounce Back Faster with Far-Infrared Sauna

Dr. Ingrid Maes Health Articles Leave a Comment


Far-Infrared Sauna (FIR) is an excellent way to boost your immune system and mobilize your body’s defenses against infection. FIR saunas are safer than traditional saunas because there are no hot surfaces or high temperatures. Less than 20 percent of the infrared energy heats the air, leaving 80 percent available to be directly converted to heat within the body.

FIR creates two to three times more sweat volume of the body than conventional saunas. This deep heating, along with sweating, is responsible for the healing effects and the other health benefits associated with FIR, including detoxification, cardiovascular conditioning, and calorie burning.

Research also shows that using the FIR Sauna shortens the duration of colds and the flu. The immune benefits are unsurpassed, and the relaxation effects alone make it worth the time and trip to our office. We provide a rain-shower and special soaps and towels to enhance your experience.

Make an appointment today for a Far-Infrared Sauna. Call: 224.521.1212.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
About the Author

Dr. Ingrid Maes

Dr. Ingrid Maes specializes in gentle chiropractic care and creating a lifestyle that promotes your best health. As a doctor of chiropractic and certified acupuncturist, Ingrid is skilled at identifying the root cause of imbalance and creating physical, nutritional and emotional balance in all systems of your body.

Share this Post

Leave a Reply