The abundance of summer garden fresh vegetables such as cucumbers make for wonderful, simple summer salads.This easy cucumber salad is great side dish with any meal.
Fresh Cucumber Salad
- 1½ large cucumbers
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt (for salting the cucumber)
- 4 large green onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup extra virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/8 tsp. fresh pepper
- Slice cucumber very finely (If you have a Mandolin Slicer, set to 1/8” thick). Sprinkle cucumber liberally with salt and let sit in a colander in your sink for 1 hour to drain liquids.
- Rinse cucumber thoroughly to be sure you’ve rinsed all the salt off. Let the cucumber slices drain on paper towels or a clean towel to dry completely.
- Slice green onions. Finely chop cilantro. Finely zest lemon. Combine onions, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over the cucumber, stir to incorporate and serve! You can refrigerate this salad for several hours up to overnight.
Cheers to a healthier you!