A delicious way to start a fall day! We enjoyed these waffles at last Sunday’s brunch, they are fluffy and delicious!
The Paleo Kitchen Pumpkin Waffles
Recipe by PaleOMG
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) pumpkin puree
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125 grams) almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup (50 grams) melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the waffle iron
- 1⁄2 cup (75 grams) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Combine the bananas, pumpkin puree, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil in a food processor or blender and mix well until the bananas are well blended with the other ingredients.
- Once smooth, add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until well mixed.
- Lightly brush the waffle iron with the melted coconut oil. Using the waffle manufacturer’s guidelines for suggested cup [milliliter] quantity, ladle the batter into the preheated and greased waffle maker and spread it evenly across the surface, leaving a 1⁄2-inch (12-mm) border (the batter will spread with you close the lid).
- Cook, following the manufacturer’s directions, and when done set aside on a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining waffles.
Cheers to a healthier you!