Greek Turkey Breast – slow cooker recipe
A modified recipe from the Gluten-Free Recipes by Better Homes and Gardens
Slow cook: 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup snipped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth ( home made or store bought)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Greek seasoning blend
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 2-lb. turkey breast
- Crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine onions, olives, dried tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the Greek seasoning, and the garlic in a slow cooker.
2. Brush the turkey with the olive oil and cover with the remaining Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Place turkey in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
3. Remove the turkey from the slow cooker and serve sliced with the olive/tomato/onion mixture on top. Can be topped with crumbled feta cheese for a nice finish.
The Bayne family enjoyed this meal combined with steamed broccoli and a fresh green salad.
Who said eating healthy is boring?
Cheers to a healthier you!