Coconut Shrimp Stew
Add this simply delicious gluten and dairy free recipe to your weekly menu!
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 Serrano peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 can unsweetened, regular coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Chili sauce or to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium to large non-reactive pot. (I love using my Le Creuset pot)
- Sauté onions and peppers until onions are translucent…make sure not to burn the onions.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro and simmer until shrimp turns opaque (3-5 minutes).
- Pour in the coconut milk and hot sauce and simmer for another 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Finish with limejuice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
Cheers to a healthier you!