Balsamic Steak Rolls
This delicious dish will be served at the Bayne household this Memorial Day weekend.
- Season the steak slices with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a skillet placed over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey, beef stock, and season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add some cooking fat and cook the garlic for 1 or 2 minutes; then add all the remaining vegetables and cook until soft but still a little crunchy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.
- Arrange a small pile of vegetables in the center of each slice of beef. Tightly roll the meat around the filling, and secure with a toothpick.
- Return the beef rolls to the skillet, and cook over a medium-high heat on all sides until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks, spoon some of the balsamic sauce over the rolls, and serve.