This Butternut Squash soup is a delicious and nutritious addition to any Thanksgiving dish!
- Avocado oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 small zucchinis, peeled and cubed
- 1 celery root, peeled and cubed
- 2 leek stalks, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 sprig of thyme
- salt and pepper
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with avocado oil, and add the chopped vegetables and sauté until the leek is translucent, be careful not to burn the vegetables.
- Add 6 cups of vegetable stock and add a sprig of thyme.
- Simmer on low for about 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove the thyme before blending the soup. I like to use my Vitamix to blend it thoroughly, but a hand mixer will do the job too.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional garnish: sour cream, fresh parsley, avocado, seeds, cheese, etc.